Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Annoying arrow key scroll behaviour in emacs 27
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 18:53:34 +0100

>> Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:
>>> Hm... like so?
>>> (global-set-key [Scroll_lock] 'ignore)
>> ^
>> [Scroll_Lock] maybe?

> Yep!  This worked:
> (global-set-key [Scroll_Lock] 'ignore)

> Finally no more scroll-lock toggling on entering an emacs window.

Just did a check without the config, on an emacs displayed natively in
the X11 server on the debian machine I've been running the emacs on, and
on the natvie X11 server, emacs does not toggle scroll-lock-mode when a
window is selected.

That machine's keyboard has a Scroll_lock key, and that key toggles the
scroll-lock-mode, or... at least it does so until the new config is in
place.

But scroll-lock-mode is something I've never thought about or wanted, so
I don't think I will miss it...:-)