Re: /usr/local/bin/emacs: writing to child signal FD: Bad file descripto

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: /usr/local/bin/emacs: writing to child signal FD: Bad file descriptor
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 22:44:01 +0200

> From: Tomas Hlavaty <tom@logand.com>
> Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 21:37:57 +0100
>
> > What version of Emacs is that, and on what OS?
>
> GNU Emacs 27.2 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27,
> cairo version 1.16.0)

You may wish trying the pretest of Emacs 28.  Some problems in this
area were fixed after 27.2 was released, I think.

> > In general, typing C-g twice invokes "emergency exit", but that is
> > supposed to ask you a question before it ends the session.
>
> Mostly it does ask two questions iirc, save stuff? and then abort?
> But sometimes it crashes without questions.

The two questions it asks are the intended behavior.  And if you tell
it to abort, then it does, and you may think it's a crash.

But it shouldn't crash without asking first.

> Is there some non-emergency way of interrupting blocking behaviour like
> network connections?

You can deliver a SIGUSR1 signal.  But it doesn't necessarily help in
all situations.