Re: Support for a new file format

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Support for a new file format
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 23:14:34 +0100

It worked for me to interactively edit jka-compr-compression-info-list to
contain

     ["\\.crate\\'" "" "" nil "decompressing CRATE archive" "gzip"
      ("-c" "-q" "-d" "-S crate")
      t nil "\213"]

and to augment with

     (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.crate\\'" . tar-mode))

For me creating a CRATE archive is not important, I just want to know what is
inside. I even do not know whether there is a way to create a TAR archive in
dire-mode…

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always
worked for me.
                                – Hunter S. Thompson