Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 22:59:05 +0100

Hi Eduardo

Eduardo Ochs <eduardoochs@gmail.com> writes:

> many many many years ago I tried to add my own characters to existing
> input methods, failed miserably, and wrote my own way to do that - in
> which if I typed `M-, char1 char2' the two chars would be "composed"
> using a table that was easy to edit, and the result would be inserted.
> In june of this year I rewrote my definition for `M-,' to make it
> support compose tables written in a better format, and it became this:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el
>   http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el.html

This looks very impressive!  But for my limited use of utf-8 characters
the TeX input method is already working well.  (I'm using greek letters
for variable definitions in R and Emacs' calc.  The formulae are way
easier to grock and to compare with recipes from handbooks.)

> and in a format that pdflatex accepts:
>
>   http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars-d.tex
>   http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/edrx21chars-d.tex.html

> If you can't make the standard ways work, get in touch! =)

Wow, how could I reuse the above to export PDFLaTeX from org-mode
buffers with utf-8 characters?

Thanks a lot

       Dieter

--