Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: input methods for mathematical glyphs
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2021 15:21:25 -0300

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 at 14:39, Leo Butler <leo.butler@umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> Hi Eduardo,
> Yes, thanks for confirming my suspicion. It might be preferable to allow
> an arbitrarily long sequence of characters (3 or 4 should suffice), to
> accomodate the larger number of symblols.
>
> Do you have this code in a public repo somewhere?
>
> Leo

Hi Leo,

the current version only supports combinations of two characters. It
is part of eev -

  http://angg.twu.net/#eev
  http://elpa.gnu.org/packages/eev.html

I sometimes give workshops on LaTeX for beginners, and I use Emacs and
eev in these workshops. When it comes to the point in which people
have to learn how to type unicode characters I prefer to teach the
trick that I've shown you - actually I start by its predecessor, that
doesn't have a "hash" in its filename; see below - first,

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el.html
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose-hash.el
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose.el.html
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-compose.el

and only then I teach the basics of input methods. So these
"eev-compose"s are meant to be useful enough, simple enough - even for
the people who like to understand the source code -, extensible
enough, and a good starting point for learning input methods, and just
that. I use my eev-composes-hash for everything except Agda code and
emojis, but that's irrelevant...

  Cheers, E.
  http://angg.twu.net/#eev