Re: Problem compiling Emacs

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Emacs
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2021 16:56:31 +0100

GM> See if "git clean -fdx" (and a rebuild) fixes it.

the cleanup worked.

Now I have this other problem. I would like to try the jit copiler
(😊) and I get this error by configure:

checking for gcc_jit_context_acquire in -lgccjit... no
configure: error: ELisp native compiler was requested, but libgccjit was not
found.
Please try installing libgccjit or a similar package.
If you are sure you want Emacs be compiled without ELisp native compiler,
pass the --without-native-compilation option to configure.

but I have on my machine

root@sequoia:~# dpkg -l | grep libgccjit
ii  libgccjit-11-dev:amd64      11.1.0-1ubuntu1~21.04   amd64        GCC
just-in-time compilation (development files)
ii  libgccjit-11-doc                            11.1.0-1ubuntu1~21.04   all
     GCC just-in-time compilation (documentation)
ii  libgccjit0:amd64            11.1.0-1ubuntu1~21.04   amd64        GCC
just-in-time compilation (shared library)

So, what did I wrong?

--
 /\           ___                                    Ubuntu: ancient
/___/\_|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____               African word

Warning: gnome-config-daemon considered more dangerous than GOTO