Re: emacs-mac and emacsclient

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: emacs-mac and emacsclient
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 13:55:35 +0900

> On Dec 22, 2021, at 13:53, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org> writes:
>
>> Having emacs and emacsclient in the path is just a convenience, not a
>> requirement. My requirement is that I can move the Emacs.app package
>> and use the commands that are contained inside the package.
>
> Would it suffice to copy `emacsclient' to a directory that is inside
> your PATH?
>
> Anyhow, this is a Carbon Emacs bug, and should thus be raised with their
> developers and not upstream.

What I would like to know is whether there a way to build emacs-mac so
that emacsclient is inside the Emacs.app package, just like it is for
the generic Emacs.app package.

If you don't have an answer to that, that's totally fine. Maybe it is
a question for emacs-devel. I'll wait a few more days here before
checking there.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com