Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:36:48 +0100

Kevin Vigouroux via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> What could prevent transpositions between Lisp and XML?

Well ... "transpose" in the Emacs world is, for example,
`transpose-chars' ... and "transposition" in computing is
a term from cryptography!

But if you by that mean something else - namely _____ - then
yes! That's possible and nothing prevents that, really.

> My technical level is not sufficient to answer. However,
> Emacs has a library to convert XML to Lisp. Morevover, the
> data structures don’t have to be equivalent as long as
> things match.

What are you trying to do?

But XML is poor man's Lisp. Indeed, a very poor man ;)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal