Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:41:35 +0100

Marcin Borkowski wrote:

>> Part of the problem is that "translation" ends up meaning
>> very different things in different contexts. I mostly
>> translate fiction or other long chunks of prose, but
>> occasionally film scripts and subtitles. The
>
> Out of curiosity: what tools do you use? (I translate
> subtitles a lot, and I used subed-mode and mpv.)

Cool!

Use this!

;; this file:
;;   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/comic-book-insult.el

(require 'seq)

(defun scramble-string (str)
  "Randomize the characters of a string."
  (interactive "sscramble me: ")
  (let ((rand-str (seq-sort (lambda (_ __) (zerop (random 2))) str )))
    (if (called-interactively-p 'any)
        (message rand-str)
      rand-str) ))

(defun comic-book-insult ()
  (interactive)
  (insert (concat (scramble-string "@#$%&") "!")) )

;; (comic-book-insult) ; #$%&@!
;; (comic-book-insult) ; $&#@%!

;; (scramble-string "Hello there, Emacs is very cool piece of software")
;; "aye eposrr lvre olsec,ewfico ceti ftomH hseoa l E"

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal