Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 19:48:51 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

>> Out of curiosity: what tools do you use? (I translate
>> subtitles a lot, and I used subed-mode and mpv.)
>
> When I do subtitles it's pretty much always for a film
> production company, which you'd think would mean latest
> technologies and industry standards, exciting stuff, but in
> fact means they email me a Word document, and expect me to
> email them a Word document back :(

Can't you guys see if you can find me me a translator job (I
mean a single item) - because if I do it, I can tell the guys
here, "look you bunch of bozos, I have experience from the
field!" So then I'll get jobs from there! And you'll get my
gratitude and I'll have respect for Norway and Poland ;)

Actually I already have that. I only act stupid, most of the
time ...

Are Poles the only ones ever to beat Russia in a war?
What about the Afghans?

As for Norway ... it speaks for itself. Only now I think they
have too much money!

Sweden ... once super-militaristic, armed-to-the-teeth, then
and still one of the riches countries in the world LOL

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal