Re: [External] : Re: Native compilation

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Native compilation
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 06:26:12 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Here is what it said during the native compile:
>>
>> Warning (comp): Cannot look-up eln file as no source file
>> was found for /home/incal/.emacs.elc
>
> The former means your .emacs was not natively compiled
> (which is generally a Good Thing).

Thanks, you mean not to compile it natively or not compile it
at all?

But the strange thing is it _is_ compiled, there is an
.emacs.elc which according to file(1) is "Emacs/XEmacs v28
byte-compiled Lisp data", however the Emacs that compiled [1]
it is actually

  GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, cairo
  version 1.16.0) of 2021-12-31

So I wonder if there is some special way to compile it
natively? I mean for all the extra Elisp one might have
in HOME?

Currently, .elc files are `load'ed from .emacs [1] if that's
what happens (it seems so since that software in one way or
the other is in effect).

>> Warning (comp): w3m.el:93:1: Warning: Variable
>> ‘w3m-fb-mode’ left uninitialized Disable showing
>
> The latter means you need to look for a missing 'require'.

It is in the MELPA's Emacs-w3m, I think, version 1.4.632.

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/Makefile

[2] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.emacs

--
underground experts united