Gnu Bash allows function names with dash but are not showing up in speed

From: fatiparty
Subject: Gnu Bash allows function names with dash but are not showing up in speedbar
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:32:52 +0100 (CET)

Jan 12, 2022, 01:24 by help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org:

> fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>> Have been writing some emacs minor modes in elisp and also
>> some bash scripts. I thought that I would see the bash
>> functions in speedbar, but function names incorporating
>> a dash (-) are not being shown, although Gnu Bash allows
>> such constructs.
>>

> If you would boil it down into something that is (more)
> understandable and (more easily) testable I'm happy to try it
> and see if/how it fails ...

I have the bash function config-path in lantern.sh.  Because the function name
contains a dash (config-path is permitted as a function name in bash), I do not
see the function name being listed when looking at the speedbar frame.  But
other filenames ( that do not use dash "-" ) do get listed in the speedbar
frame.

config-path ()
  {
    trklink=$(readlink -f "$0")