Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Fwd: How do I go about debugging my Elisp code?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 00:40:48 +0700

On Fri, 14 Jan 2022 at 20:48, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> * Davin Pearson <davin.pearson@gmail.com> [2022-01-13 04:27]:
> > http://davinpearson.nz/binaries/dmp-padderise2.el
>
> After the first review of that file, I can see "Copyright" related to
> your name. However, that makes the software proprietary. Because it
> does change the Emacs, such software is incompatible with the Emacs
> License. If it would be internal only, that would be fine. But as soon
> as you publish it, you would need to comply to the license so that
> your software becomes compatible legally.

Hey, that’s unfair.

* A guy asks the list for help in debugging their personal, private
use piece of code.
* You come and suggest that they publish it as a package.
* They do, and then you start insisting that package has to be
compatible with the Emacs license.

Basically you tricked the OP into publishing their code and are
bullying them into releasing that code under a Free license.

As published, the code does not work. You cannot use it, therefore you
are not its User as defined by GPL. As you are not its user, you do
not have the rights that the GPL grants to users. Problem solved.