Re: Help with playing a sound sample

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Help with playing a sound sample
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 04:05:05 +0100

Davin Pearson wrote:

> How do I go about setting the sampling rate when you issue
> the command M-x play-sound
>
> There doesn' appear to be such a menu option when you invoke
> this command.
>
> Example: If the sound *.wav file is ripped off a CD, then
> the sampling rate should be 44.1 kHz.
>
> If the sound sample is halved in its bitrate, then it should
> play the sound sample at 88.2 kHz if I am not mistaken.

Have forgotten all about it but this is how far I came with
Emacs music programming ... not far! But still worked on it,
a lot, just the setup I mean.

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ny/init-incal.lsp
  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/ny.el

See the comments ... all that is super-basic stuff.

Don't know just what was depressing enough for me to quit,
maybe the inferior Lisp hassle or maybe I just beat myself up
for not coming up with a new track to implement.
Because I think I could have, had I had one.

Now it is OpenSCAD instead, maybe I return after to this idea,
now not being bomb chocked anymore I mean ... there is a mode
in Emacs, scad-mode, even.

-- underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal