Re: backward-sexp throws scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses", but forwar

From: ndame
Subject: Re: backward-sexp throws scan-error "Unbalanced parentheses", but forward-sexp works
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 20:47:38 +0000

> Reported the problem to aggressive-indent-mode author with steps how to
> reproduce:
>
> https://github.com/Malabarba/aggressive-indent-mode/issues/153
>
> We'll see what he can say about it.

The maintainer is not really responsive. I skimmed the code and
it seems it only calls (indent-according-to-mode) and stuff,
and does not do anything crazy:

https://github.com/Malabarba/aggressive-indent-mode/blob/master/aggressive-indent.el

Would you agree that if the code does only automatic indentation
for the user by calling core indent functions then it's likely
that emacs is the culprit for the error and I should submit
a bug report  for emacs?

The problem is reproducible and it only requires installing
aggressive-indent-mode which is in GNU ELPA.