Re: Debugging a seldom seen bug (C-g with Ido)

From: Vasilii Kolobkov
Subject: Re: Debugging a seldom seen bug (C-g with Ido)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 23:06:17 +0200

Stefan Monnier via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> writes:

> It'd be even better if you can reproduce it with a completion package
> that's better maintained than Ido (e.g. Icomplete, Mct, Ivy, ...).

The scenario i mentioned last, using describe-function, does in fact use
Icomplete.  I'd need to ponder over the behavior of 'quiting' first, as
it seem to fit the prescribed behavior at first glance.

On a side note, having compared the length of Ido source code with that
of Icomplete (5 kslocs and <1 ksloc), made me thinking if i can switch
over to icomplete... completely :)