Can I hire someone to fix my Gnus? (contd)

From: Joseph Fineman
Subject: Can I hire someone to fix my Gnus? (contd)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 19:11:33 +0000 (UTC)

Dear help-gnu-emacs:

I have used GNU Emacs since 1986, and Gnus since 2000.  At present I
use Emacs 26.1 (build 1, x86_64-w-64-mingw32) under Cygwin (64 bit)
2.0.2(0.287/5/3) under Windows 10.0 Pro (64 bit), build 10240 (1511).
My ISP is Verizon, but, as a result of a deal Verizon made with AOL
when Verizon stopped handling email, AOL now handles my email though I
still have the Verizon address.

Last February I sought your help in restoring the functioning of my
Gnus, which was misbehaving.  Various people, including especially
Eric Abrahamsen, were patient with my ignorance and clumsiness (I am
not a programmer and am edging into dementia) and tried to help me
find my way, without result.  At one point, however, I noticed what
seemed to me an oddity in my setting of gnus-secondary-select-methods,
and changed it on the basis of a mere guess.  Amazingly, that worked
(with the need for some workarounds).  Dr Abrahamsen did not
understand why; he said that what I had done was irrelevant.  Here is
the final interchange: