min-colors 88

From: fatiparty
Subject: min-colors 88
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 16:12:23 +0100 (CET)

Jan 29, 2022, 02:34 by eliz@gnu.org:

>> Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2022 14:49:11 +0100 (CET)
>> From: fatiparty@tutanota.com
>> Cc: Help Gnu Emacs <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>>
>> > What exactly is the question you want to ask?  Or what is the problem
>> > you are trying to solve?  And how are the above observations related
>> > to those questions/problems?
>> >
>> You have clarified a lot of things.  I am trying to figure out the actual
>> list of properly defined
>> code values for colours, and how many exist if one counts them.  Is there
>> some command
>> that actually lists them?
>>

> Which set of colors do you want to count?  Does "M-x list-colors-display"
> give you what you want?  If not, why not?

You mentioned that Emacs will find a color that is the closest to the RGB value
supplied.
I am referring to the list of colours that Emacs uses to color-match the
arbitrary RGB user-value supplied.Supposedly there is a list of colours that
emacs uses for matching against.  Is the full list defined by
color-name-rgb-alist.  Or are they supplied by hardware calls, or additional
ones with no specific name?