RE: [External] : Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mea

From: emacsq
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2022 16:54:35 +0000

> `C-h f url-retrieve' tells you that it invokes processes. Granted,
 you're getting an error msg reported from a process, not a "higher-level" msg
from` url-retrieve' itself. But at least that doc tells you that you're running
processes.

I understand that that is the underlying implementation, my point is, saying
"connection lost unexpectedly" is more informative when emacs fails to fetch an
url than saying "process x is not running".