Re: info-emacs-manual?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: info-emacs-manual?
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 18:27:58 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>> After an
>> apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Sounds like Debian GNU/Linux. They have an issue with some
> information in that manual, if I remember well they did not
> accept some verbatim opinions in the manual and thus have
> sorted it under non-free packages.

You are right:

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/48211/emacs-manuals-are-missing-on-debian-ubuntu

But install from source then and get the opt-in-free manual :)

This I do on Debian 11, to get GNU Emacs 29:

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/install-emacs

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal