RE: [External] : Re: Adding functionality to a minor mode

From: goncholden
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Adding functionality to a minor mode
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 20:38:11 +0000

------ Original Message -------

On Monday, February 7th, 2022 at 8:26 PM, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
wrote:

> Am not sure whether I am executing your suggestion good.
>
> What should I look for?
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp \.\.\.)
>
> string-match("\\bARG\\b" \.\.\. nil)

> macroexpand-1((define-minor-mode rich-minor-mode \.\.\.))

I'm not following this thread, but it looks like you
passed a symbol `...' as the doc-string argument. That arg needs to be a
string. See` C-h f define-minor-mode'.

Am figuring out "(when rich-minor-mode" works.  Looks like it evaluates false
when one calls
"(rich-minor-mode 1)".  It was suggested to use macroexpand to help my
understanding.