Re: Determining font weight

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Determining font weight
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 01:12:40 +0000

------- Original Message -------

On Tuesday, February 8th, 2022 at 1:04 AM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> goncholden via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to determine the font weight resulting from
> >
> > the command
> >
> > (set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 160 :weight
> >
> > 'ultra-bold)
>
> `face-attribute' or` get-char-property' ... maybe.

I am changing font-lock-comment-face to normal weight.

(set-face-attribute 'font-lock-comment-face nil :weight 'normal))

But want to be able to change it back again to the default setting done
initially
using

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :height 160 :weight 'ultra-bold)