Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 11:37:41 +0100

    >> But the problem is present, so there must be some low limit in
    >> emacs' windows code or elsewhere which prevent fetching urls in
    >> parallel without errors.

    emacsq> I wrote a simple python script which fetched all the urls in
    emacsq> parallel, in a separate thread each without any waiting, so that's
    emacsq> dozens of urls at the same time and I did not get any "too many"
    emacsq> errors.

    emacsq> So this suggests this too many sockets error is related to
    emacsq> emacs somehow.

Didnʼt Eli already explain this? Emacs on windows has a limit of 32
simultaneous sub-processes, and a network connection counts as a
sub-process.

Robert