Question Regarding Emacs Packages For Taking Screenshots And Converting

From: Samuel Banya
Subject: Question Regarding Emacs Packages For Taking Screenshots And Converting To Text
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 10:54:40 -0500

Hey there,

Question regarding the following idea;
Are there any Emacs packages that allow for taking screenshots to later be
converted to text?

I ask since I use Linux for personal use, and MacOS for work, so I'm looking
for a solution for this.

I know there's the 'tesseract' library that is capable of doing this, but
wanted to know if there were any Emacs packages that did this kind of
functionality.

Here are the two links for Tesseract that I found that relate:
https://www.cloudsavvyit.com/8151/how-to-convert-images-to-text-on-the-linux-command-line-with-ocr/
https://www.opcito.com/blogs/extracting-text-from-images-with-tesseract-ocr-opencv-and-python

I figured I would ask before having to resort to using a Python 3 script with
'vterm' in Emacs somehow with 'Dired' or something.

Thanks,

Sam