Re: Question Regarding Config For Gnus With Fastmail

From: 황병희
Subject: Re: Question Regarding Config For Gnus With Fastmail
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 19:41:11 +0900

"Samuel Banya" <sbanya@fastmail.com> writes:

> Hey there,
>
> I wanted to do the deep dive to try out GNUS, but am encountering three weird
> things:
> 1. It prompts me for the 'IMAP' user, which I then put in as 'sbanya' since
> my email is 'sbanya@fastmail.com'.
>
> Its weird since its defaulting to 'sam'.
>
> 2. When it prompts for the 'IMAP password', it shows me 'sbanya@fastmail'
> before prompting for the password, even though it probably should be
> 'sbanya@fastmail.com'.
>
> 3. Also, after I enter in the correct password and hit enter, I get the
> following message:
> nnimap (fastmail) open error: 'NO Incorrect username or password.'. Continue?
> (y or n)
>
> Here's my config for GNUS within my Emacs config:
> ** Add Gnus for personal email
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>   (when (member (system-name) '("notestation" "fossastation"))
>     (setq
>      user-full-name "Samuel Banya"
>      user-mail-address "sbanya@fastmail.com"
>      send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it
>      smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.fastmail.com"
>      smtpmail-stream-type 'starttls
>      smtpmail-smtp-service 587
>      gnus-select-method
>      '(nnimap "fastmail"
>       (nnimap-address "imap.fastmail.com")
>       (nnimap-server-port 993)
>       (nnimap-stream ssl)
>       (nnmail-expiry-wait immediate))))
> #+end_src

To be honest,
i don't know emacs lisp, however i like very so much Gnus,only Gnus!

There are many case:

1. gnus-select-method vs gnus-secondary-select-methods
2. using ~/.gnus instead of ~/.emacs
3. check ~/.authinfo in very detail...

Also i attach real running Gnus file in South Korea.

https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/test/-/commit/c77c6af67d07f93b9cafc405accc34d4914a9645

May the Gnus be with you!

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee