Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?

From: emacsq
Subject: Re: What does the error "Process <URL> not running" mean?
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2022 12:55:27 +0000

> But in case of windows with the 32 process limitation it's
> clearly a bug, because the lingering pocesses use up the
> available sockets, so while the limit is there, these
> processes should be closed when the callback is called.

I tried adding process deletion before the callback:

(defun url-http-activate-callback ()

  (if (eq (window-system) 'w32)
      (delete-process url-http-process))

which seemed to work when fetching 1 url, it disappeared from
list-processes, but when I fetched a few dozen urls then
lots of processes stayed in the list with open status, despite
deleting the processes before the callback.

I used   (setq url-queue-parallel-processes 1) with url queue
for the test.