Re: Fixed order of headers in Rmail messages

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Fixed order of headers in Rmail messages
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 07:05:41 +0100

irek <mail@gumen.pl> writes:

> Each Rmail message have headers printed in different order.  Reason
> for that is obvious but I was looking for convenient way to have
> chosen headers always in the same order in all messages.

The obvious reason you've mentioned is that rmail just shows your
gazillion-mails MBOX file and narrows it down to a single message and
its interesting headers.  So the order of headers shown to you is the
order of headers in the mail.

A way to do what you want would be to add a function to
`rmail-show-message-hook' which parses the visible headers into a list,
sorts them to your liking, and creates an overlay from the start to the
end of the actual headers with a 'display propery whose value is the
sorted version.

Bye,
Tassilo