Re: How to *properly* set up Emacs on Windows?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: How to *properly* set up Emacs on Windows?
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 22:58:42 +0100

On Wed, Feb 09 2022, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> Will that give me a graphical Emacs or just a console one?
>
> A graphical one, of course.

Thanks. I made the switch now, everything seems to be working.

BTW, I asked this question because I was once bitten by this when I installed
Emacs on Linux using Homebrew. Turned out that Homebrew on Linux is a purely CLI
affair. (It's cool that Emacs can run on the console, but I do prefer the gooey
version...)

>> (The
>> Windows binaries that were anounced on emacs-devel the other day
>> appear to be MSYS2 binaries?
>
> I don't think so.

I think I saw it mentioned somewhere that they were built with MSYS2. But I
understand now that it's possible to build MinGW binaries with MSYS2, so that
doesn't mean anything.

Thanks for your help, I have a much better idea of what I'm doing now.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments