Re: Customisation for Comments

From: goncholden
Subject: Re: Customisation for Comments
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 19:51:38 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, February 11th, 2022 at 7:41 PM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> > > Are you even allowed to do that?

> > I think it is possible.

> AT&T rethink possible.
> Are we talking a major or minor mode?

Stefan mentioned that a minor-mode would not be the appropriate thing to do.
The idea is
to derive a mode from a major mode and introduce the comment functionality in
it.  One could
have a go at introducing the functionality in the theme, but that would be too
restrictive
for others to use.