Why is jit-lock-stealth-time nil by default?

From: emacsq
Subject: Why is jit-lock-stealth-time nil by default?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 06:26:31 +0000

I use commands which can show unvisited parts of a buffer and I find it
annoying when those parts are not fontified.

I looked into it and found stealth font locking which performs fontification
of those parts when the user is idle.

But jit-lock-stealth-time is nil by default. Is there a reason for this? It's a
useful
feature and today's computers have plenty of idle time, so why is not enabled
out of the box?