Re: Why is jit-lock-stealth-time nil by default?

From: emacsq
Subject: Re: Why is jit-lock-stealth-time nil by default?
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 06:58:09 +0000

> That shouldn't happen.  Emacs uses a JIT fontification feature, which
> is turned on by default, and which should make sure any part of the
> buffer is always fontified before it is displayed.

Is it also true for programmatic features, that is if the user himself doesn't
visit those parts, only elisp routines go there and show parts of the buffer?
E.g. 'peek' features which fetch unvisited parts of a buffer and show them to
the user in a tooltip? I thought JIT does not fontificates those parts.