Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on eve

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on every platform?
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 20:54:06 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2022-02-19 12:17]:

> >> George W Bush was once asked at a press conference what
> >> journalists eat. He answered, "They eat cheese and Brie" :)
> >
> > Are you sure the joke isn't on you?
> >
> > The first line of the GNU Manifesto says:
> >
> >     What's GNU? Gnu's Not Unix!
>
> _That_'s the joke ...
>
> GNU isn't UNIX but it sure is Unix!

Come on, impossible. Unix is only operating system that fits into some
Unix standards by those who have Unix trademark.

GNU does not fit. It is Unix-like or similar to Unix. But it is not
Unix.

I am sure that GNU on Linux kernel does not follow this below:

Single UNIX Specification - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification

Though GNU is Unix-like, that is what society of computer users agree
to call it that way.

If you ask me, hippopotamus is rhinoceros-like to me, but they are not
same.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns