Re: Question About Nuking 'Ranger.el' Package's 'Deer' Portion's 'deer-f

From: Thibaut Verron
Subject: Re: Question About Nuking 'Ranger.el' Package's 'Deer' Portion's 'deer-from-dired' Function
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 22:28:02 +0100

For the use-case in question, you need to unbind the key in ranger's
keymap, rather than the global keymap
(define-key dired-mode-map (kbd "C-p") #'ignore)

But it's set in a hook, every time dired-mode is loaded, so not really helpful.

Instead, you can delete the function from the hook:
(remove-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'ranger-set-dired-key)

The cleanest way is to have
(setq ranger-key nil)
before ranger is loaded.

Best wishes,