how to generate a zip file (not a directory) within dired

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: how to generate a zip file (not a directory) within dired
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 10:22:48 +0100

Hi

sometime I need to generate a zip file of a single file

I checked dired-compress-file-suffixes
and it unzip zip files, but it seems not to generate them.

In
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27567019/how-to-zip-files-recursively-in-emacs

There is a solution posted, but again it does not allow me to generate a
zip file on a single file only on a whole directory (as the title suggests),
and that I don't
need.

Any ideas? Yes I could call  dired-do-shell-command, but I want a simpler
solution.

Regards

Uwe Brauer