Re: [External] : Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphic

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on every platform?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 14:16:11 +0300

* Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> [2022-02-20 09:58]:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2022 at 07:21, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU
> Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > Drew Adams wrote:
> >
> > > (Not a reply to any particular msg in this thread.)
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpers_and_splitters
> >
> > So there are lumpers and splitters ...
>
> So splitters categorize people into splitters and lumpers, while lumpers…
> don’t.

I was quite under impression that article was written by lumpers as
how can one just label people and put in two groups in various
discussions.

I can think of many examples where lumpers may be practically right,
it does not mean they can't see differences. We have it all times in
our discussions here.

Example is that I can't see Emanuel in Unix-like related discussion to
be lumper. From practical user viewpoint those are more or less
systems based on same principles, including GNU. Though they have
different names and features.

Now I think, the more one thinks as a splitter, one cannot designate
lumpers into lumpers.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns