Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on eve

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Would there be a drawback of using the same graphical toolkit on every platform?
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 21:54:05 +0800

Sergey Organov <sorganov@gmail.com> writes:

> I was under impression that GIMP uses GTK and then it works fine for me
> on at least GNU/Linux and MS-Windows. Is Emacs more demanding than GIMP?

Indeed.  Some trivial examples: interrupt-based input cannot work
outside Wayland and X11 in the PGTK build, and the GTK input methods
process keys in such a way that information important to Emacs is lost.

And there's also the show-stopper bug where GTK crashes when a display
connection is closed, which also affects the regular GTK build.