A peek to the other side

From: emacsq
Subject: A peek to the other side
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 07:11:31 +0000

I tried making a Visual Studio Code extension to see how it could be make more
emacs-like if I had to use it for something.

If you didn't you don't know how lucky you are with the integrated Elisp
manual. It doesn't have an integrated manual, you have to browse a huge HTML
file to find some API call :

https://code.visualstudio.com/api/references/vscode-api

And as usual with APIs (unlike Emacs' open system) you can only access what the
developers expose via the API which is very limiting compared to Emacs.
You can't change everything, so you don't shoot yourself in the foot. I prefer
Emacs' approach where I can even break the system, which is a great learning
experience.