Re: Understanding the behaviour of Emacs and Emacs Client

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Understanding the behaviour of Emacs and Emacs Client
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 15:02:53 +0300

* Pankaj Jangid <pankaj@codeisgreat.org> [2022-02-23 11:44]:
> I just want to know how to cleanup (gracefully) the residual process
> when there are no more clients connecting. i.e. case (2) above. User has
> started Emacs by clicking on the "Emacs (Client)" icon in a graphical
> environment.

To cleanup you kill Emacs as daemon in memory. To remove Emacs
client's frame, I use C-x 5 0

You could remove daemon process with:

pkill "emacs --daemon" or other command line you used.

I don't do that almost ever, as computer once it turns off does i.t

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman