Re: are there hooks for text becoming visible or hidden in a given windo

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: are there hooks for text becoming visible or hidden in a given window?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 13:42:32 -0800

Thank you to everyone who replied to this.  I found it
very helpful.

One thing I take away from the discussion is that my fear
that the time-cost of scanning the visible text in
a buffer is probably a "hangover" from first starting
to write Emacs Lisp programs in the late 1980s when
things were generally much slower than today.

I also realized, thinking more about my problem domain,
that perfect synchronization of the various windows is
not essential and its even better in the long run to assume
synchronization can lag noticably as long as its not a huge
lag.

That, plus the various hooks identified that will do at least
part of the job give me lots of options to start by brute-forcing
sync. between commands and/or on a periodic timer and then, if
necessary, use the existing hooks to perhaps speed that up a bit.

Thanks!
-t