Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 08:49:18 +0100

Le dimanĉo, 27-a de februaro 2022, 0-a horo kaj 57:14 CET Emanuel Berg via
Users list for
the GNU Emacs text editor a écrit :
> Emacs history will rather tell old-school operation with
> destabilization then force ... BLOODSHED

i don’t get what you are talking about in that sentence, what is oldschool
about, what
destabilization are you talking about, etc.

> FOSS people saying somewhere no to war?

Good question, but wrongly phrased, because it’s ambiguous, and in these time
ambiguity
is no good, and can only go in the favor of whatever position is dominant at a
given place.

People, especially the few most attained by putin’s propaganda, could believe
you are on
russian side, and ukraine or nato is responsible for the war, so they have to
«stop»
something for it to cease.

> I say: it's wrong.

Idk whether that’s really useful, afais, most of the planet condemn the
agression of putin
against ukraine, russians first.  That includes almost all countries (with
noone, not even
iran and china actually doing anything concrete in his favor), consensus among
most
populations, and almost all russian cities.  The only exceptions I saw are some
out of reality
indians with misplaced skeptikism, and extremely far right wing ppl (mostly
neonazis), but
they’re a minority.

Given this is not the first bordering country that joins nato, that no country
supports him,
that he’s gonna loose the power he won through oil (by betrailing opep), gas
blackmailing
(by successfully corrupting europe out of nuclear and into more gas despite
global heating
urgency), to me and most ppl I know, he just got senile and the few years he
spent in his
bunker exageratedly because of covid worsened the thing.  Idk then if anything
rational
(like condamnation) can help.

I think the only thing that can help ukraine rn is direct material or even
military support
(which for some reason otan still didn’t gave afaiu), economical sanctions will
hurt russians
more than putin and his thugs.

Given that, I take that in whatever circumstances, it’s reasonable to expect
everybody
already agrees on supporting ukraine.  To the point putting their flag anywhere
will be
taken as a symbol of freedom and antimilitarism more than the opposite, or even
than any
nationalism.

On the other hand, experience have shown that there may, or will, be some small
mislead,
trollish, minority that will be proputin, start disagreeing by spreading
misplaced skepticism,
asymetric neutrality, etc. and that most of the people will react ’till
(useless) exhaustion,
not realizing it’s only a minority, that convinces nobody, and wrongfully end
up believing
there’s some «half and half» division of opinions and sides… which is false.

So I propose to abandon the topic, unless some webmasters or maintainers have
desire to
follow the consensual and comforting trend of putting their flag anywhere in
sign of
support.  That’d be in line with our ideas of freedom.