Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Alexandre Garreau
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 09:53:56 +0100

Le dimanĉo, 27-a de februaro 2022, 9-a horo kaj 5:42 CET Po Lu a écrit :
> Alexandre Garreau <galex-713@galex-713.eu> writes:
> > So I propose to abandon the topic, unless some webmasters or
> > maintainers have desire to follow the consensual and comforting trend
> > of putting their flag anywhere in sign of support.  That’d be in line
> > with our ideas of freedom.
>
> The GNU project doesn't have any political opinions aside from that of
> the free software movement.  I hope that includes not taking sides on
> the conflict in the Ukraine, or otherwise I will not be able to continue
> working on Emacs.

Why require so hardly such neutrality? I mean other projects did so by the past
(like
supporting uyghurs or dunno, other geopolitical stuff) and that doesn’t stop
from software
freedom or contribution… to me that’s alike people stating anything personal
(like «i like
pasta», or dunno) or humor or what in projects: at least it makes it
(nonpermanently) more
personal and identifiable, maybe it even can increases contribution.

> Also, why is this on help-gnu-emacs, instead of emacs-tangents or some
> other more appropriate mailing list?

very good question, although unfortunately your statement, being more policy
targetted, is
likely more appropriated here :'D