Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 12:22:53 +0300

* Jacob Hrbek <kreyren@rixotstudio.cz> [2022-02-27 14:20]:
> I am slav with lot of russians and ukrainians friends you can't even imagine
> how much this hurts me to do this as someone who loves and uses Free
> Software in everything and who hates restrictions on privacy and freedom and
> who is endlessly appreciate of all the work that russian citizens did for
> Free Software and for me like all the helping that i got with issues
> including kindness of submitting a patches for a problems that i had,
> because I feel fucking sick and guilty, my mental health is in absolute shit
> and i didn't sleep for more then 3 hours a day since the war started blaming
> myself for all the work that i've done on Free Software and in Free Software
> Activism in the last ~14 years, because my work in Free Software contributed
> to the capability of russian military to do this war to bomb cities full of
> my brothers and sisters, killing newborns, children, elderly and committing
> war crimes against unarmed citizens scared for their life who are hiding at
> their homes.

😳 Bad. That is the effect of not reading and not understanding fully
the meanings of free software.

From:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

,----
| The freedom to run the program as you wish
`----

That includes the freedom to do malicious things with
software. Anything illegal, malicious, it is handled by government
laws. They already forbid crimes.

Imagine software being metal known as STEEL. You can do bridges with
it, and you can construct military weapon.

Software is like that, it can be a game and it can be weapon too.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman