Re: no to war in Ukraine

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: no to war in Ukraine
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2022 10:22:41 +0100

Richard Stallman wrote:

> The list help-gnu-emacs is meant for asking for help on GNU
> Emacs. This isn't the right place to discuss other issues,
> even other free software issues -- much less global
> political issues such as Putin's war against Ukraine.

OK, but have the FOSS bodies been getting together offering
a joint statement perhaps or something to the extent of
speaking up against this aggression which whatever political
mumbo-jumbo one can put together will still amount to
immeasurable human suffering?

The whole world is trying to isolate Putin, so we should to.
And if one can't do that in a clever way that actually gets to
the regime, which admittedly is very difficult to do, then
just say it is wrong. That is not meaningless, it is part of
the power of ideas.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal