Re: Font size innacuracies (Windows)

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Font size innacuracies (Windows)
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 08:43:22 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
> FWIW, I don't see such a big difference between sizes on my system, I
> see a very slight difference that is barely noticeable.  I compared
> Emacs with MS Word using the same font, both for the default Courier
> New and Consolas fonts.

I have problems comparing with MS Word, but it is true that Notepad and
Emacs render monospaced similarly when using the font dialogue.

I suspect that the variations are due to VSCode's display
engine. I just realized that the same discrepancies (more
pleasant rendering of Consolas) can be seen by embedding the *.cc files
in HTML (as <pre></pre>) and displaying them on Microsoft Edge, btw.

Best

--
Juan José García Ripoll
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com