Re: Failure of my Gnus

From: Madhu
Subject: Re: Failure of my Gnus
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2022 08:25:06 -0000

* Dmitry Alexandrov <a709wa5c.dag@gnui.org> :
Wrote on Thu, 09 Jul 2020 08:05:35 +0300:

> Dmitry Alexandrov <dag@gnui.org> wrote:
>> Joseph Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> wrote:
>>> I use Emacs 26.1 (build 1) and Gnus 5.13 under Cygwin 2.0.2 under
>>> Windows 10.0.
>>
>> Do you have any particular reason to stick with that Emacs version?
>
>> Or do other software you use is outdated by good two years as well?
>
> That is, do not expect that old software can be never broken just by
> flow of the time.
>
>>> Since 29 April Gnus has behaved badly.
>
>>> streamssl error
>
> For instance, say you the 29th of _May_, my instant guess would be
> that this is for sure related to the expiration of AddTrust cert.

I don't know when this came into effect, but this could also have caused
you problems if the configuration changed

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/email

[I sent this through usenet. of course it didn't make it to the gnu help
list. The message-ids of the posts that reach usenet from the mailing
list are hopelessly rewritten by gnu mailer that gnu.emacs.help is
essentially unusable - to look up or process or archive articles.]

* Madhu <m37dver4d6.fsf@leonis4.robolove.meer.net> :