Re: Convert text file to mbox file?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Convert text file to mbox file?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2022 10:49:33 +0300

* Dr. C. Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> [2022-03-03 20:59]:
> In my rmail configuration, I have sent the variable
> 'mail-archive-file-name' to a local file 'sent'. All appeared to go well
> for several months, but when I now try to read 'sent' via "M-x rmail-input"
> I'm told that 'sent' is an Invalid mbox file. I think the problem may
> have arisen when I edited and saved 'sent' as if it were an ordinary
> text file. Is there anyway in which I can covert 'sent' back to an mbox
> file?

I am not helpful in this comment here. It is of course a problem in
software. It may not be related to un-reliability of Mbox, though
maybe it is.

That is why I use Maildir format, and nothing else.

cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

And yes, I have tried (last year last ltime) to be fast and efficient
with Emacs and e-mail. Compared to Mutt software, it was never
reliable, consistent, efficient and enough fast. And yes, I have tried
all of the packages like Rmail, MH for Emacs, Gnus (terrible),
Wonderwhat else...

And the Emacs handling of email never worked faster and more efficient
than Mutt, so I stick to Mutt and Maildir. The best setup for last 20
years.

The Mutt E-Mail Client
http://mutt.org/

--