Re: Typo in Emacs 29 manual?

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Typo in Emacs 29 manual?
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2022 19:20:39 -0500

On Sat, Mar 5, 2022 at 6:26 PM Michael Heerdegen
<michael_heerdegen@web.de> wrote:
> Seems you get (dired default-directory).

So then I would modify my previous suggestion to read:

Typing ‘C-x C-j’ (‘dired-jump’) displays a Dired buffer in the current
window.  If the starting buffer was a Dired buffer then the new buffer
displays its parent directory.  If the starting buffer was a file buffer
then the new buffer displays that files directory with point positioned
on that file.  Finally, if the original buffer was neither a Dired buffer
nor a file buffer then the new buffer displays the directory identified
by that buffer's default-directory.   Typing ‘C-x 4 C-j’
(‘dired-jump-other-window’) has the same effect except that it
displays the new Dired buffer in another window.