Re: About the activation of minor modes

From: angelomolina
Subject: Re: About the activation of minor modes
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:01:22 +0100 (CET)

Mar 5, 2022, 22:20 by help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org:

> angelomolina--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>> Can one extend a minor-mode by calling another minor-mode?
>>

> Well, what do you want to do?
>
> Let's take it from there, rather ...

I have been making a number of minor modes.  But as the number of modes
are increasing, I would like to start integrating them into a single minor-mode,
but keeping the same names.

Keeping the same names would keep the various  functionalities separate,
and the corresponding code easier to maintain (for instance,  one could simply
 turn a few of the functionalities off).  Would one use one minor-mode calling
other
minor-modes, or just have separate files calling the required functions but
removing
the minor-mode definition in each file, and having just a parent minor-mode?

Does it make sense (or even possible) to extend a minor-mode?  I do not see much
information to achieve the plan, because the descriptions in the manual seem to
focus
on a defining just a single minor-mode in one file.  Perhaps some information
on this
could be inserted in the elisp tutorial?

Many thanks