flycheck mode gives error: file-missing "Doing vfork"

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: flycheck mode gives error: file-missing "Doing vfork"
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2022 14:38:04 +0000

Hello all,

I am trying to start using flycheck (installed from MELPA) for prose
checking.  I have installed proselint.  When I try to start up
flycheck-mode, I get the error:

Error while checking syntax automatically:
  (file-missing "Doing vfork" "No such file or directory")

which tells me absolutely nothing that I can follow up on to try to fix
whatever is wrong.  I've tried searching in flycheck itself for "Doing
vfork" but no luck.  Does anybody have any idea what to do or what I am
doing wrong?

The flycheck verifier (C-c ! v) does tell me that proselint is
available and seems fine overall, it just does not want to check!

Thank you,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.2 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.2