Re: How I am handling msmtp queues

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: How I am handling msmtp queues
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 21:51:28 +0300

* Felix Dietrich <felix.dietrich@sperrhaken.name> [2022-03-10 19:33]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > I wish to describe how I use Emacs Lisp to send emails.
> >
> > msmtp is about sending emails from computer:
> >
> > Description     : A mini smtp client
> > URL             : https://marlam.de/msmtp/
> >
> > Often I have thousands of emails in the queue, and sending them
> > reliably is important.
>
> At these numbers, shouldnʼt you consider a somewhat less “mini” MTA like
> Exim, postfix, or opensmtpd?  The latter, especially, seems to have a
> nice and streamlined configuration syntax.

Of course, I use them but on remote servers.

Long time I have used Courier MTA.

The Courier Mail Server
http://www.courier-mta.org/

And I still use it online. It is way easier to configure than Exim,
Postfix. Though I find the simplest MSMTP good, there are no many
dependencies for local computer. And I just configure it in private
directory, no need for system wide configuration.

OpenSMTPD is good of course. Though it does not handle queue as well
as Courier MTA and has some problems, it is still in development. I
have many emails, many people, so it gives me experience with it.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman